INDEPENDENT PERSONAL TRAINERS
Independent Training Spot is designed for entrepreneurial personal trainers and fitness/wellness professionals to develop their own business and brand of training without doing reports, projecting numbers, and giving the majority of the price of the training sessions away to a corporate entity. We welcome independent trainers that are professional, educated, and business-minded to be a part of an independent and cohesive team of health and fitness professionals.
The procedure necessary for setting up here at ITS is below.
Please send all necessary document via email to Rick@IndependentTrainingSpot.com
NCCA Accredited personal training certifications are listed here: http://www.credentialingexcellence.org/p/cm/ld/fid=121
Policies and Fees
1. Copy of your national certification (NCCA accredited)
2. CPR/AED certification
3. Liability Insurance – $1 million in coverage with Independent Training Spot and the address (1 E 28 St. 2nd Floor. New York, NY 10016) listed as additional insured on your ACORD form.
4. Credit Card information to keep on file. Call, email, text, or bring in by scheduled appointment. Whatever you are most comfortable doing.
5. A government issued photo ID.
6. Set up a MindBody account. Download the MindBody Connect app on your phone. This is how you schedule clients and pay for sessions (ANY SESSION NOT IN MINDBODY PRIOR TO THE SESSION START WILL BE DOUBLE CHARGED).
7. Once all is set with can work on getting you facility access.
8. All trainers and each client must sign a waiver form (one-time thing) prior to beginning training.
$151 annual membership fee for the trainer (not clients)
$33/hr for training sessions
$662.5 for 25 pack of training sessions
RULES and Things to be Aware of:
Independent Training Spot is under recorded video surveillance at all times.
Gym Attire must be worn (including, but not limited to: no open-toed shoes or boots).
No Food Allowed on the fitness floor.
No Mobile Phone Uses on the fitness floor. However, if you program and track progress from your phone, do it!
You may play your own music with the use of headphones.
NO DROPPING WEIGHTS POLICY
Spatial and situational awareness is important.
Clean up after yourself and your clients.
Your clients may foam roll and do cardio before and after workout, but are not allowed to lift weights or use other equipment without their trainer.
NO DROP POLICY:
Independent Training Spot is above several retail stores, so for their sanity, our lease agreement, and consideration to other clients, trainers, and therapists in the space, dropping weights is not allowed. Weight dropping is considered a form of safety though, and therefore weights dropping on the floor are preferred to weights dropping on your client. All large drops (discretionary) will require a report to filed with Independent Training Spot.
Not all policies are written. Please be respectful to the Spot, to other professionals, and to other clients. If one of the Spot’s representatives has need to address noise or “space and equipment hoarding” issues, we apologize in advance.